- Blocked Calls or Grade of Service (GoS)—percentage of calls that were not given access by the network.
- Dropped Call Rate (DCR)—percentage of on-going calls that were involuntarily terminated.
- Average Receive Signal Level—signal strength that was being provided by the serving cellsite to the mobile handset of the subscriber while a conversation is on-going.
- Average Signal Quality—the quality of voice transmission while a subscriber is using his mobile phone. The closer to “0”, the fewer errors in transmission.
- Call Set-Up Time—time required for the network to activate the called party
Smart also topped Globe in the two previous tests conducted by the NTC, outscoring Globe 5-0 and 4-1 in two tests conducted in 2012.