We are not fond of promoting Sony Ericsson Xperia phones because they are apparently not too fond of bloggers writing about their products, but this one is a bit too good to pass up.
- Android OS (Android 2.3 Gingerbread)
- 3.7-inch (480 x 854) LCD
- 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon
- 512MB RAM
- 320MB internal storage expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD card
- 5MP autofocus primary camera with LED flash and 720p video recording
- VGA secondary camera
- WiFi/Bluetooth/Micro USB
- HDMI Out
- HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- 1500 mAh battery
A little more internal storage would have been good to accommodate operating system upgrades, but at Php13,400 from CMK Cellphones we are not going to complain too much.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V has a slower processor than the Samsung Galaxy W i8150 we looked at two days ago, less internal storage and a slower 3G radio. It is also chubbier and heavier than the the Samsung Galaxy W i8150. Now lets go to the good points.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V has the nice crisp display thanks to the Bravia engine, it has HDMI, a 3D sweep Panorama mode in the camera out and in my opinion a much cooler looking case. To top it off, it is all of Php2,600 cheaper.
This is one of those phones that amazes me with how far your peso goes these days.