Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Second Look at the MyPhone A888 Duo Courtesy of Biggs



One of out readers, Biggs think that the MyPhone A888 Duo is one of the most underrated phones in the Philippine market and is not getting enough attention from local tech sites. I am not sure about that, but looking at the past seven days hits on this blog, the MyPhone A888 Duo post, is the second most popular on this blog at this time.

Biggs asked me to do a review. I really only gather information from third parties, mainly trying to ferret out what tech news is relevant to Philippine readers, so am very happy to post actual user feedback. 

He makes several solid points so I asked permission to repost his comment as a blog post (with some edits):

  • 4.5" IPS + QHD resolution – The size is perfect (not overly large like the 5" and above "phablets") and the DPI is still high enough to have a sharp screen.
  • 
8.9 mm thick but still with a 1800 mAh battery – Slim without compromising battery life.

  • 8 MP camera with dual-LED flash – This is the only locally rebranded phone which comes with a dual-LED flash.
  • 

Dual-microphone - The noise-cancelling feature makes for good voice calls. This is the only locally rebranded phone to have this feature.


  • Button placement (left side volume keys at right side power key) – This is the correct configuration of buttons, especially for one handed use by right handers.

  • Notification light – This is a really useful hardware-feature. No need to unlock the screen to find out if you got a text or missed call. This is the only locally rebranded phone to have this feature.


  • 

TV-out - This is the only locally rebranded phone to have this feature other than the MyPhone A787. Is there another?


  • 5-point multi-touch – The display responsive is great for SMS and gaming.
  • 60 FPS UI – The user interface of this phone is smooth.

So, what do you think, is the MyPhone A888 Duo is the low cost smartphone for you?


14 comments:

  1. no, its too high for 4.5 in local phone even it has bit better spec than others, there are lots of better alternatives to choose from, it should be priced at about 5-6T only, just my 2 cents,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyones 2 cents is very welcome.

      Delete
    2. @Anonymous

      Easy to say that. Now tell us what phone has better specs than this one for the same price point? Some stores are even selling this lower than SRP. The closest thing to this one is the Starmobile Crystal but at almost P8k and the nowhere to be found Torque Droidz Blast.

      Now pls share to blogger and readers that phone with better specs than MPA888 for same price point.

      Thank you

      Delete
    3. Walang kumpetensya ang MP A888 sa P5K to P6K range, paps. Dehado sa specs ang mga WVGA lang na CM Titan, CM Blaze at SM Astra na P6.5K, P6.5K at P7K respectively.

      Delete
  2. It's a nice enough phone but i like my kata i1's gigabyte of RAM (love your own). Nothing beats being able to pause a CPU-intensive game, update your FB status, send some SMS and return to the game without having to start over (all with skype, tango, viber and opera mobile running on the background).

    ReplyDelete
  3. and kata i1 battery is ONLY 1600mAh for a price of P8,499???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1gb of ram good but the price is p8,4999 so bad out of target budget 5-6k .. Most of all you pay 8k for 1600mAh >> ICS

      Delete
  4. sir, may idea b kayo if saang mga shops pa to available within m. manila?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just bought mine last Sunday, in place of my Blackberry Bold 9900 (whose screen turned totally black over the past months). I could have had it repaired, but the cost will be equivalent to buying a new handset. So I decided to get a cheap but fully functional phone that can cover my primary requirements - Messaging, Calls, and SNS.

    So far, I would say this is a good phone - considering its price and specs. Although I have seen some issues on the performance (most probably software-related and because it only has 512MB RAM), the phone works fine in almost all its tasks. The display is surprisingly vibrant, sharp and clear - and I honestly prefer this one over Galaxy S2.

    I will have to take more time using it and maybe later on, give a more detailed feedback.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to it.

      Delete
    2. u r totally correct.u u'l like the fone as days pass by.i have also S2 and my hubby has a888 and i prefer to use a888 specially on camera aspect.its really a quality phone

      Delete
  6. Hi. I bought an A888 in the P'pines recently and I like it and it seems to be reagion free so I can just change SIM cards when I travel. Problem is I can't load the Drivers on my pc and don't know why? I am using Windows XP, is that the reason and I need to upgrade that? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Simon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can there be adjustments made for the phone receiver? Usually for a mobile phone, it should be on the lower front of the phone not at the lower back..?

    ReplyDelete
  8. .Hi uhmm I am a MyPhone A888 DUO user.. Just gonna ASK.. How can I Fix my A888 duo Coz when Im Charging. Its NOT 100% full touch... Example: When Im charging and texting at the same time. When I tap letter "U" the letter that come to the Screen is Letter "s" or "p".. and when I Pull the notification Bar. Some Apps open even I did not tap them... Help please?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...