Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple iPad mini - The iPad Right Sized



Steve Job's famously said, "(t)his [7-inch] size isn’t sufficient to create great tablet apps in our opinion." Steve Job's was not always correct, and now we will find out. 

While the new Apple iPad mini does not have a Retina Display or the new vaunted A6 processor, I think this is the iPad that everyone really wants. 

The 9.7-inch iPad really is a laptop replacement. But using one, it like 10.1-inch Android tablets, feels bulky and cumbersome. Large tablets feel too big for use unless you lay one on a table or are recline on a couch. Mobile devices, they are not.

When I want a bigger screen, I will use my 13-inch MacBook Air. If I am in a coffee shop (where I am typing this) or reclined on a couch my 13-inch MacBook Air is more convenient to use than an iPad. 

The iPad mini's 7.9-inch display is a device I would find use for when pulling out my MacBook is not convenient and the 4.3-inch display of my phone is not satisfying enough to use. For pure content consuming and reading a 7-inch tablet has been our device of choice. The Apple iPad mini weighs less than half the weight of a full sized iPad, and this makes it a truly mobile device.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...